Business Intelligence has become a buzzword nowadays. Business Intelligence(BI), is fast becoming a reliable analytical tool as enterprises are now more than ever faced with volumes of raw data and the ever-growing challenge of sorting and deriving meaningful insights from the data.
Business intelligence is the process that companies use to analyze past and present data to create business strategies and fuel better decision making to provide a competitive edge.
Setting goals and questions on how to achieve these goals are the primary prerequisites for any enterprise. To arrive at the answers, with the best resource optimization, enterprises need relevant data to monitor performances. They need to analyze the data and create an action path based on the analysis of the data.
Herein lies the role and importance of Business Intelligence.
With Business Intelligence systems and tools, enterprises get a bird’s eye view of the data, sift the relevant data, understand it and then implement it to allow for more strategic business insights.
• Raw data from all functions and locations are collected.
• The data is studied, and relevant information is converted into the data warehouse to form data cubes.
• Through the BI system, users can raise queries, reports or use the data for further analysis.
(Source: favpng) 3rd party image
Business intelligence helps organizations analyze data. While exploring the data, they have to keep many factors in mind while focusing on increasing productivity and revenue and gaining an edge over the competitors.
With BI implementation, it becomes feasible to generate reports with a single click, which saves the company staff time and resources and focuses on more productive tasks.
BI systems enable the top brass to get a bird’s eye view and view the data more rationally, with the help of presenting data tools like dashboards and scorecards.
BI systems help to identify the problem areas and eradicate them. Automating the process and providing predictive data analytics make the business process streamlined, efficient, and result-oriented.
The proper selection and implementation of Business Intelligence tools in sync with your business needs are critical to the desired outcome.
For the appropriate and suitable implementation, the IT department and the functional department have to coordinate as both will have different requirements and perspectives. Hence, the decision-makers have to consult and collaborate with all involved.
• BI comprises process, design, and software solutions that compile raw data and present it as organized information that helps enterprises make strategic decisions and eventually helps improve business performance.
• BI helps enterprises to track current market trends and take future actions based on this information.
• BI systems help streamline functions and enhances profitability and agility.
Business Intelligence makes it possible to collate data from various sources, investigate the information, process it cohesively, and disseminate amongst the stakeholders and implement or take action. Arming the top brass with this critical information enables them to get an overall aerial view and make better and faster decisions.